23andMe DNA Test – Health + Ancestry Personal Genetic Service – includes 125+ reports on Health, Wellness, Ancestry & More
Have some saliva to spare? Send a little to 23andMe and receive back over 125 DNA-based reports on your health, wellness, ancestry and the like. This is the lowest price we’ve seen on this kit, which normally runs $199.
- Direct-to-consumer genetic testing promotes awareness of genetic diseases.
- It provides personalized information about your health, disease risk, and other traits.
- It may help you be more proactive about your health.
- It does not require approval from a healthcare provider or health insurance company.
- It is often less expensive than genetic testing obtained through a healthcare provider.
- DNA sample collection is usually simple and noninvasive, and results are available quickly.
- Your data is added to a large database that can be used to further medical research. Depending on the company, the database may represent up to several million participants.
- Receive 23andMe Ancestry Service PLUS more than 90 DNA-based online reports on Health Predispositions*, Carrier Status*, Wellness, & Traits with just one genetic test
- ANCESTRY FEATURES: Know your personal story in a whole new way. Discover your ancestry composition and where in the world your DNA is from across 1500+ regions. Discover the origins of your maternal and paternal ancestors and how they moved around the world over thousands of years. Discover when different ancestries were introduced into your DNA and how many generations ago you had an ancestor that was descended from a single population or ethnicity.
- DNA RELATIVES: Opt-in to our DNA Relatives tool to find, connect, and message those who share DNA with you. Automatically start your Family Tree using your DNA. Compare ancestries and traits and message to better understand your family connections.
- OUR MOST INNOVATIVE ANCESTRY: Drill down into the details. Trace how certain populations were passed down through different generations. See estimates of your ancestry down to the 0.1%. See overlapping chromosome segments between you and your matches to help you triangulate new relatives for your family tree. Find out how much of your DNA is derived from Neanderthals and how that compares to others.
- EXPLORE YOUR TRAITS: Know what makes you, you. Discover what makes you unique with reports like hair photobleaching and freckles. See what your DNA might have to say about your taste and smell preferences. Discover how DNA can affect your ability to match a musical pitch or whether you hate the sound of chewing.
- PRIVATE AND PROTECTED: Everyone deserves a secure, private place to explore and understand their genetics. Your data is encrypted, protected, and under your control. You decide what you want to learn and what you want to share. Subject to 23andMe’s Terms of Service at 23andme.com/tos and Privacy Statement at 23andme.com/about/privacy